My husband is amazing. He lost 4 1/2 pounds last week! (It's taken me about 3 months to lose 4 1/2 pounds) So anyway, he's being very conscious of his food intake - one of his favorite snacks is the radish. And after I found out their only about 2 calories a piece, I decided to make it one of my favorite snacks too.
Here's more good news about radishes:
* High in Vitamin C
* Juice the Greens for Oodles more Vitamin C
* High in Phosphorus and Zinc, so their good for your skin!
* Reduces the risk of some cancers
* Good for your Urinary Tract
* Radishes are an anti-congestive
* Natural Breath Freshener
* Good for your Liver & Gall Bladder
I haven't tried this, but I read that they're really good sauteed and that if you sautee the greens with garlic their amazing. (That'll be tomorrow night for me!)
So eat up! At 2 calories each, enjoy!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad