Remember to click the GIVEAWAYS tab to enter the current giveaway!

Monday, July 5, 2010

welcome monday!

I know I'm not the norm, but as a rule I love Mondays.
And they're especially wonderful when they're a continuation of the weekend.
So today I say:
WELCOME MONDAY
The next few hours will find me saying good-bye to some of my precious children
and grandchildren ...
(some of the kids I'm saying goodbye to soon)
but there's nothing like being on the road with a bag of nibs
and a bunch of produce bought at sale prices.
Anyone out in blogland love Mondays too?
How about road trips ... what keeps you awake while driving?
PS - when I arrive at home I'll be posting a new giveaway

25 comments:

  1. YES! I love Mondays especially since it's the start of my weekend every week (I'm off Mon & Tue). Music is the only way I stay awake during a road trip =) Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ans safe drive.......today my darling......come back soon !! happy summer week .....love ......Ria....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! Have a safe trip back home! I love listening to Enya when I drive...although I am not so sure it would keep me awake!!! Mondays....geez I would be fibbing if I said I loved them...that is back to work day for me and I always struggle with it...but I am always glad that God has given me another day. :)

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I wish a was a Monday person but I enjoy weekends so much that is is hard to get my weeks started. You have such a pretty family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not a big fan of mondays...unless there is no school/work! :)

    as for roadtrips, i've gone on two this so far this summer. to stay awake, my friends and i listened to music and cracked jokes. super fun!

    xoxo
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think my driving snack is sour punch bites. NOT the straws. bites. they're infinitely better. :)

    i only like mondays if they're the beginning of a vacation or (like you said) a continuation of the weekend. really...i'm not a huge monday hater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to say I'm always amazed Mondays comes around so fast!
    I've passed a blog award to you-enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    I love the Monday. I love every day of the week. I'm working on all the days of the week,(3 a 4 days a week) then I'm happy when I 'm free in the week. But for my man and children isn't always happy that I must work in the weekends or evenings, but they understand it.
    I wish you a very good week.
    Greetings Marga

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to just love getting in the car byself or with friends and driving ... not plans , no destination... HHL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous faces! I actually do like Mondays. To me, they mean a chance to start a new week, fresh, with no mistakes in it....yet!

    As for staying awake on road trips: Love road trips! Staying awake is easy. I turn on the Mexican station and sing along REALLY LOUD. Did I mention I don't speak Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love any day that i can accomplish things and spend time doing something i love. if it's monday---then yes-- i love it :)

    your kids and grandkids are beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like mondays when I don't have to work, and road trips when they are with people I love, who can turn a three hour dead stop on the highway into dance party.


    Chic on the Cheap♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear dear dear cyberfriend, your kids are just just just lovely!!

    Thank you for nice comments as ususal, on my blog. Soon I will write a mail and tell you about... yes you know!

    I wish you a good good good week!!!

    LAV

    Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have one gorgeous family! Woo-woo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Mondays too....the first part of the week is always a Happy one!!!

    I always play the music loud and sing my silly head off on road trips!!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't mind Mondays, they are relaxing to me...catch up on things after busy weekends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Monday Monday. I can't say I HATE it but I don't love it either lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I currently hate Monday's but before I had this office job I didn't mind them one bit. I'll soon be back to enjoying Monday's again though! Have fun on the road trip - that's exactly what I did yesterday for 7.5 hours...through ugly Illinois too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you love Mondays. It is so refreshing to hear that because people usually just complain about them (including me). I am going to try to love them too. Great inspiration!

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, I love roadtrips, good music! That's the trick to staying awake. I'm going on a U-Haul trip at the end of the month. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't mind Mondays but it may be because I don't work a normal schedule and I usually don't work on Mondays, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Mondays! A fresh start for everything. A brand new week just waiting to be filled with all kinds of wonderful things (sort of like January 1, only 52 times a year.)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like roadtrips as long as I have entertaining company. I'm not a huge Monday fan but I prefer them over Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  24. i really want to do a big roadtrip, cross country maybe. I dont know how well i would do driving cross country but it would be so fun!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete